All photos provided by Wikicommons!!!
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever made. It’s a fact, just like banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour is a fact. If you haven’t seen the series yet, stop what you’re doing (actually, stop once you’ve read this article and bought some of our cards) and go watch it, the whole thing, your boss will understand.
From the amazing acting to great music, to the awesome point-of-view shots, to making RV’s cool again; Breaking Bad has something for everyone. Unless you’re a loser who’s not into watching people make drugs and commit crimes.
No matter how much you love the show, here are 10 fun facts you didn’t know about Breaking Bad.
- Although appearing in every single episode, Jesse and Walt Jr. never meet each other. Which is sad because for all his faults, Jesse would make a good father figure.
- Despite getting objections from his music team, Vince Gilligan stayed with his choice for Baby Blue by Badfinger as the final song played in the series. The night of the finale, the song was downloaded over 5,000 and reentered the Billboard charts. The show also created a large market for real blue meth, so don’t praise Gilligan too much.
- Sony and AMC originally wanted to cast John Cusack and Matthew Broderick for the role of Walter White. They both declined and Vince was able to go with his first choice which was Cranston. The show would be much different if Broderick kept talking into the camera.
- Although it seems like a lot more, Aaron Paul says “bitch” 54 times during the series. That’s less than one an episode.
- Aaron Paul got knocked out and suffered from a concussion during his fight scene with Tuco.
- Cranston, Anna Gunn and Bob Odenkirk all had guest appearances on Seinfeld before working together on Breaking Bad.
- During the series, Walter White had five different looks. His younger look with no facial hair, his first season look with mustache, his season 2 bald look, his season 3-5 bald and goatee look and his late season 5 look with hair and thick glasses.
- Jesse Plemons earned the nickname of Meth Damon due to his resemblance to Matt Damon. Todd, that creepy son of a bitch.
- Although Walter White was the one committing all the crimes including; money laundering, murder and cooking and distributing an extremely addicting and dangerous drug in mass quantities, most of the hate was focused on Skyler, simply for asking where the hell he’d been all day.
- Mr. White never says goodbye over the phone when he considers the conversation to be over.
- Bonus Fact!!! Jesse wears the same exact clothing in the last eight episodes of the series. He just adds and removes articles, such as different pants and shirts.
- Another Bonus Fact!!! Jesse’s middle name is Bruce….. Meh, we could have skipped that one.